Women in the twenty-first century have come a long way. As society progresses, women now have access to resources and support to address issues related to women’s wellness, like sexual function, satisfaction, and pleasure. Like all other skin and tissue on the body, the vaginal tissues change over time as the skin and tissue can lose firmness, affecting both appearance and function.
Not only that, women’s wellness encompasses various aspects of a woman’s life, including nutrition, exercise, reproductive health, mental health, and social support. Maintaining good women’s wellness involves adopting healthy habits, preventing illness, and promoting wellness throughout all stages of life. Women need to prioritize their wellness, as it can significantly impact their quality of life and overall health.
How Does Age Affect Women’s Wellness?
Age can significantly impact women’s wellness and sexual health, as hormonal, physical, and psychological factors can affect sexual function and satisfaction. Here are some of the ways that age can affect women’s sexual health:
- Hormonal changes. As women age, their bodies undergo hormonal changes, including decreased estrogen levels. This can lead to vaginal dryness and a decrease in sexual desire.
- Physical changes. As women age, they may experience physical changes that can affect sexual function, including a decrease in vaginal elasticity, weakening of the pelvic muscles, and a decrease in blood flow to the genitals.
- Psychological factors. Stress, anxiety, and depression can all have an impact on sexual function and satisfaction. As women age, they may also experience relationship changes or life events that can affect their sexual health.
- Medications. Some medications commonly prescribed to older women, such as those for hypertension and depression, can negatively affect sexual function and desire.
While age can have an impact on women’s sexual health, it is not inevitable that sexual function and satisfaction will decline with age. There are many ways to address the physical and psychological factors that can affect sexual health, including lifestyle changes, counseling, and medical treatments. Women should speak with their healthcare providers to determine the best course of action for their individual needs.
What Are The Non-Invasive Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Available?
There are several non-invasive vaginal rejuvenation treatments available today, including:
Radiofrequency (RF) Treatments
RF treatments use heat to stimulate collagen production and improve the elasticity of the vaginal tissue. This can help to improve vaginal laxity, dryness, and other symptoms of vaginal atrophy. Here are some examples of radiofrequency treatments available for vaginal rejuvenation:
- Empower RF. This radiofrequency energy is used to heat the skin and tissue in the vaginal area. Direct thermal heat can cause a healing response in the skin and tissues by increasing collagen. Empower RF vaginal rejuvenation can tighten the vaginal canal while firming sagging or stretched labia.
- VTONE. The vaginal muscles can weaken with age and following childbirth. VTone is a transvaginal treatment that uses EMS or Electrical Muscle Stimulation to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. This can help with incontinence and vaginal firmness.
- FORMAV. This non-invasive RF treatment uses a handheld device to deliver radio waves to the vaginal tissue. It can be used to improve vaginal laxity, as well as treat issues like vaginal dryness and pain during intercourse.
- MORPHEUS8V. Morpheus8v, like Empower RF, uses RF energy to stimulate collagen production and tighten the inner and outer labia. The result of Morpheus8v offers a more youthful appearance as well as a more functional vaginal area. The Morpheus8v also aids in the treatment of urinary incontinence.
- VOTIVA. This non-invasive or minimally invasive RF treatment uses a handheld device to deliver radio waves to the vaginal tissue. It can be used to improve vaginal tone and elasticity, as well as treat issues like urinary incontinence.
- THERMIVA. This minimally invasive RF treatment uses a small wand to deliver radio waves to the vaginal tissue. It can be used to improve vaginal tone and elasticity, as well as address issues like vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, and urinary incontinence.
Laser treatments use targeted energy to stimulate collagen production and improve vaginal health. This can help to improve symptoms such as vaginal dryness, irritation, and urinary incontinence. For vaginal rejuvenation, there are two types of laser treatments:
- CO2 laser treatment. CO2 laser treatment involves using a fractional CO2 laser to deliver energy to the vaginal tissue. This can help with symptoms like vaginal dryness, irritation, and urinary incontinence. CO2 laser treatment is typically administered in three sessions, four to six weeks apart.
- Erbium laser treatment. Erbium laser treatment involves using a fractional Erbium laser to deliver energy to the vaginal tissue. This can help to improve symptoms such as vaginal laxity, dryness, and itching. Erbium laser treatment is typically performed in a series of two to three treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
PRP therapy involves injecting platelet-rich plasma, which is derived from the patient’s own blood, into the vaginal tissue. This can aid in the stimulation of collagen production and the improvement of vaginal health.
Kegel exercises are pelvic floor exercises that strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and alleviate symptoms like urinary incontinence and vaginal laxity. The pelvic floor muscles, which help support the bladder, uterus, and rectum, are contracted and relaxed during these exercises. To perform Kegel exercises for vaginal rejuvenation, here are the following steps:
- Identify the muscles. Try stopping the urine flow when using the bathroom to find the pelvic floor muscles. The muscles used to do this are the same for Kegel exercises.
- Start with an empty bladder. Empty the bladder before beginning the exercises.
- Contract the muscles. Contract and hold the pelvic floor muscles for 5 seconds, then relax for 5 seconds. Repeat this process ten times in a row.
- Increase the duration. As women get stronger, they can increase the duration of the contractions to 10 seconds and the number of repetitions to 15 or 20.
- Do the exercises regularly. Aim to do Kegel exercises at least three times daily. It can be done while sitting, standing, or lying down.
Topical Estrogen Creams
Topical estrogen creams are a type of medication that can be used for vaginal rejuvenation. They can be applied to the vaginal tissue to help improve vaginal dryness and other symptoms of vaginal atrophy. They deliver a low dose of estrogen directly to the vaginal tissue, which can help increase blood flow, improve vaginal lubrication, and promote tissue regeneration.
Above all, it is important to note that the effectiveness of these treatments varies depending on the individual, and it is critical to consult with a healthcare provider to determine the best treatment possible.
The Bottom Line
The trend towards greater awareness and acceptance of women’s wellness is a positive development, as it can lead to better physical and emotional health, stronger relationships, and greater well-being. Royalty Wellness Spa offers Women’s Wellness with the help of Empower RF, VTONE, and FORMAV, which are non-invasive radiofrequency treatment options for vaginal rejuvenation that uses thermal energy to stimulate collagen production and tissue regeneration in the vaginal area. Ultimately, compared to surgical options for vaginal rejuvenation, these RF treatments are relatively safe, effective, and require minimal downtime.